We had our 9 month check up today. Initially the plan was to send the girls to daycare so I could get the last bit of Christmas shopping done, but when I drove up to the daycare, they weren't even open. I was a little grouchy about that, since they changed their hours recently, but Friday is still a day they're supposed to be open.
ANYWAY, I did end up Christmas browsing with the girls in tow, then off to Connor's appointment. As usual, he's in pretty much perfect health. The doctor checked out the tooth he knocked loose last month, but had no concerns. They did a finger prick (well, on his big toe) to check his iron levels. Surprisingly, he is not anemic. So, yay!
Real quick updated stats:
Height: 28.5" (50th percentile)
Weight: 20.5lbs (50-75th percentile)
Looking at those stats, I wonder if he's gearing up for another growth spurt. I know he's due for one and, in my experience, they tend to plump up then shoot up an extra inch or so, and since his weight is once again at a higher percentile than his height. He has four teeth. After it took two weeks for the fourth one to cut all the way, I thought we'd get a break, but he's now working on his two eye teeth as well. No rest for the weary, I suppose.
As far as development, he's a breath away from mastering various milestones, but lacks the confidence to do so, silly boy. I've caught him standing on his own. I don't know how long he can do it, since every time I see it he realizes what he's doing, panics, and either sits (in a very slow, controlled manner, so not falling, but crouching and plopping the rest of the way) or reaches out for a hand hold. I also think he might be capable of walking if he tried. When he cruises he lifts both hands while moving, but lacks the confidence to move without support nearby.
No concerns, of course.
He's a foodie. James and I are constantly amazed at the sheer amount of food he can put away. Just last night he finished off two bowls (small bowls) of chicken stew, then once he was on the floor went exploring to find more stuff to shove in his mouth. He loves to talk... a lot. He'll sit in the middle of the floor and "sing" at the top of his lungs. It's easy to figure out where he is, when he's wandered off, because he can't seem to go more than a few minutes without shrieking or squealing. He loves to wrestle and will climb onto anyone that gets nearby, including the cats. Yesterday, I laid on the floor and he had fun climbing on top of me and doing an almost somersault (getting his head to the floor and sliding sideways) to get down the other side.
| He stole a chocolate candy. Yummy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment