5-months old and developing quite a personality. He's so ready to be independent and now that he's 5 months old, I need to seriously look into baby proofing everything! For example, I should probably move the DVDs off of ground level...
He's getting so big. The girls stayed smaller for so long I kind of took it for granted, but Connor's already outgrowing his infant seat. He's wearing jeans his sisters wore at 1 year old (yes, he's wearing girl jeans) and pajamas Megan wore until she was nearly 2. He's not abnormally large, it's just odd to me to have a kid fitting into clothes that are actually marked for his age. At 5 months, he's slipping right into 6/9 month clothes, but still fitting some 3/6 month clothes. So, I guess he's right on track. But everyone who sees him comments on how big he is! No updated stats until next month, though.
He's beginning to want to master skills, which is a milestone of sorts. He can sit up by himself for a few seconds, but if he get excited (which he does easily), he'll topple over. Slowly but surely mastering the tripod skill, though most of his sitting is him bent practically in half (the tripod skill is advanced so not expecting mastery for a few more months). He's attempting to fly to toys out of reach, by lifting his arms and legs while on his belly. He's perfected the form over the past month or so, but has yet to levitate. I suspect in the next month or two, he'll give up on trying to fly and attempt crawling instead.
He's pretty laidback, as I've said many times before, but as he grows more aware of the world around him, he's beginning to get frustrated with his lack of ability. He's wanting to be held more often so he can move around with a little more freedom and sit up easier. When I hold him, he wants to grab everything I have. Thankfully, he's able to sleep through just about anything, which means when I put him to sleep during senior primary, he'll sleep through their noisy singing time. He's a great sleeper, as good as Cadence was. At 5 months not only does he sleep through the night (8pm to 7am), but he puts himself to sleep at night, too! He has had a few rough nights, but most of the time I can put him down in his crib and if he hasn't slept recently, he'll roll over and put himself down. Just the other night, the girls woke him up about 40 minutes into bedtime, but he put himself down again. I was thrilled. And he wakes up in a good mood, too. He and Cadence will chat and play while I take my sweet time dragging my lazy butt out of bed.
He looks way too old in this picture. He almost looks like a kid!
Also, while he loved the orange vegetables, like carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. When I attempted to trick him and move toward the greens with a peas & carrots purree, he very clearly disliked it. Poor boy was gagging on every bite. We gave up after only a few, lol.
Also, while he loved the orange vegetables, like carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. When I attempted to trick him and move toward the greens with a peas & carrots purree, he very clearly disliked it. Poor boy was gagging on every bite. We gave up after only a few, lol.

Just watch. He'll shock you by ACTUALLY flying.
ReplyDelete