Cadence cut her hair once, and it was a small chunk in the back of her messy curls, so it was barely noticeable. She got in trouble for it, of course, and never did it again. So when she handed me a pair of scissors (scissors I had been unable to locate for the past few months, mind you) and informed me her sister had cut her hair, I looked at Megan and saw no immediate evidence of the supposed crime. Since Cadence has lately been prone to exaggeration, I took the scissors away, informed the girls "you don't cut hair, only grown-ups can cut your hair", and that was that.
Until I found the pile of pretty, blond curls on the floor. *sigh*
When I first inspected Megan's hair more closely, the damage was still difficult to see. She touched the back of her head when I asked what hair she had cut, but I could find no patches of shorter hair. Finally, when I turned her to face me did I realize the wispy hair at the front of her head had a definite cut to it. I had overlooked it because she normally has wispy, short hairs at the front. As we combed it, I discovered just how much hair she had cut and wasn't sure how to make the best of it. Finally, I combed the bulk of the short hair forward and just cut the right side, which hadn't been cut at all, to try to match.
The result was my 3-year-old with bangs that make her look way too grown-up. Don't you agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment