There's a new tab at the top of my blog. Stop YELLING!
My inspiration? The Orange Rhino. This woman hasn't yelled at her kids for over a year. As of today, she hasn't yelled at her kids in 431 days. I want to be her. Seriously.
One of the things she says to help you achieve your goal is to be accountable. My kids know I'm not supposed to be yelling, but they don't understand the challenge. Instead, I hold myself accountable to my blog readers as well as my kids. I won't be posting on the blog regularly, but I will be updating the page accessed from the tab just under my blog header.
My goal is to go 30 days without yelling. That's not 30 days of trying not to yell, that's 30 days without yelling. If I yell, the counter restarts and I'm back to Day 0.
I'm determined to do this. While I know preschoolers yell because they're hardwired to do so, but I also know that the girls yell more than they should and it's a behavior they learned from me. When they get upset, I see my own bad reaction mirrored back at me. I don't treat them with respect and compassion, so they don't treat others with respect and compassion, at least, not as much as I'd like. When I've made previous attempts to yell less I have noticed better behavior in them as well.
I am hoping 30 days of not yelling will see an improvement in our home all around and we'll all be happier.
30 days. Starting now (well, tomorrow morning, but we're practicing before bedtime).
No comments:
Post a Comment