Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

37 weeks & Ultrasound

Just had our 37 week check-up, complete with final growth ultrasound yesterday afternoon. My body is showing no indication that Connor will be coming any time soon, but that doesn't mean he can't make his appearance any day now. So, I guess we'll see. Due to measurements, there's a chance he'll likely be here within the next 2 weeks, one way or another. I don't know the details on that. The doctor and I will be having a long chat at my appointment next week.

Anyway, the ultrasound was pretty standard. There were no concerns over anything other than his size, so other than a quick check for his heartbeat and double-checking his kidney and bladder and taking a peek at the placenta, they took the measurements they needed and I was in and out in 15 minutes. The technician estimated his weight at 7lbs 14oz (+/- 1lb). His head and belly measured the furthest ahead (39 weeks and 41 weeks respectively), so we'll see what he comes out at!

He amused the technician again, happily showing off he was a boy when she went to take a peek. And yes, I have another embarrassing ultrasound picture for the album. ;-) We now have 4 ultrasounds with very obvious boy parts and equally obvious pictures. Connor does not want us to doubt anything, apparently.

Unfortunately, due to his size and position, we didn't get any ultrasound pictures worth sharing. I have some fuzzy pictures of his "face" but with his chin tucked into his chest (which is good!) and his hands covering the rest of his face, all you see is a black blur that is one eye and some gray fuzz that's supposed to be his forehead and part of his nose. If you want cute pictures, go back to this post.

In the mean time, here's one final picture of pregnant me, 37 weeks + 3 days (do I look as tired as I feel?):

No comments:

Post a Comment