Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baby Shower

Some lovely women from my ward threw a baby shower for myself and another woman due in only two weeks. It was a great little get together, complete with good food and lots of chit-chat (which is the whole reason to go to those things, right?)

I had a blast. :-)

I also walked out with a lot of the basics I wanted. Some light blankets, towel & washcloths, some books, lots of clothes, diapers and wipes. All that's left for me to get my hands on are a few more odds and ends (lotion, shampoo, diaper cream, etc.) and we'll actually be "ready". There are a couple more bigger items (dual receiver monitor, swing, etc.) that I'd like to get, but none of them are necessities, so I'm not stressing about them. Plus, I have a month to get around to picking them up if I really want to.

We are at 33 weeks today. Less than two months until my due date and exactly one month (since February is exactly 4 weeks) until I'm "full term". Next week, when I'm 34 weeks, my doctor will not actively stop labor should it start, but we want at least 3 more weeks of cooking time here.

Connor and I are still measuring on the larger side, but no major concerns to be had. I remain the most uncomfortable I have ever been while pregnant, but at least I'm not having the indigestion issues I did with Cadence or the car accident-induced pre-term labor I had with Megan, so I'll keep my complaining to a minimum.

The girls are ready to see their brother, well, Cadence is (Megan doesn't seem to notice half the time). Cadence talks about it frequently, though she knows we have to wait until after James's birthday and that Connor needs to get a little bigger, first. If ultrasounds were accurate, he's almost big enough, though. With average weight gain calculated in, he's probably a little over 5lbs right now, which is about where they estimated Megan's weight at this gestational age, so we shall see.

Finish off with a quick picture of me at 33 weeks (Enjoy, and feel free to comment on how great I look for so close to full term):

(Later this week, I'll post an update about the girls, I promise. They're pretty awesome, after all)

1 comment: