Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yard Work

I was crazy excited to move into a house with our two girls, especially with the idea of a yard to play in.

Unfortunately, having been apartment dwellers for so long, we did not have the tools for yard upkeep which meant it quickly got overgrown and I was reluctant to let the girls out in to our new private jungle, especially when the rain came and the grass, okay, okay, the weeds doubled in height practically overnight.

We finally bought a lawn mower and I got my first taste of lawn work. I had previously trimmed our bushes and our tree, but that was it, until today. Other than sweating like crazy and struggling with the tall grass and the lawn mower (I didn't think to change the height until later, so I really struggled), I found the experience... heart-warming. As I trimmed bushes put tree branches and bush trimmings into trash bags, the girls ran wild around the tree in our front yard and even offered to help. Then, as I mowed the lawn, they rode their bikes in the driveway.

I basically loved it.

Even though I was panting like a dog as I wheeled the lawn mower back into the garage, and hauled the three bags of grass clippings (before I got sick of emptying the bag and switched it out for the blow-it-out-the-side thing, yes, that is the technical name) and my back aches.

Maybe I'm a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment