Megan had her check-up today. Been awhile since I did one of these posts, it seems. And after her 18 month check up, I'll only be doing these once a year. Anyway, teeny Megan still cannot be legally flipped to forward facing and at the rate she's going, she may not be legally able to for a few months yet.
Also, due to way too strict of regulations, she did not get her shots today. Her last set of shots were of 5/20. It has to be at least six full months and Megan went in on 11/19. That's right. Despite being reminded by my dear sister who went through a similar experience recently, I did not check the immunization records and took Megan in for her check-up one day too soon for her to get the next round of vaccines. So we'll be going in next week (this time with Cadence in tow, oh joy!)
Ah yes, but Megan's stats (again with her last round of them for comparison's sake):
Height: 28.75"
Weight: 17lb 3oz
Previous stats (August 19, 2010- 3 months ago)
Height: 28"
Weight: 16lb 4oz
I was a bit shocked that she barely grew over the past 3 months. She weighs less than Cadence did at 9 months old! She's dropped off the charts, if just barely, in weight, and is in the 25-50th percentile for height, so she's dropped a few percentiles there as well (remember, she started out in the 90th here)
The doctor's not concerned. She's meeting her milestones ahead of "schedule" and doing well besides. After just over a week of really working on her walking, she's walking I'd say 90% of the time. It's rare to see her crawl anymore. She's happy and playful and loving and energetic. I'm more or less unconcerned, but I admit I do have a few worries crowding in the back of my head where I've banished them. If she drops any further at her next appointment I'll make a point of pressing her doctor a bit. I kind of wish she had a 15 month check-up. Maybe she'll catch a cold around then, so I can take her in anyway...
That's such CRAP! Ugh. I still say that if they are going to make SUCH a big deal about it, they need to TELL parents when they make the appointment. I mean, REALLY. How hard is it to make a quick note on the patient's file? *sigh*
ReplyDeleteYay for teeny Megan.
When did they get so strict? With James and Andrew they weren't at all... I could take them in a few days before and it wasn't a big deal.
ReplyDeleteBut anyway, can't wait for the birthday post!